Read More Articles
Tuna Cat Treats (But Dogs Like Them TOO!)
½ cup Whole wheat flour
½ cup Nonfat powdered milk
½ can Tuna or ½ cup chopped cooked chicken
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
¼ cup Water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mash the tuna (or chicken) into smaller pieces. Then add flour and milk. Mix well.
- After all is mixed pour in water and oil. Mix well again.
- Now, beat egg in separate dish until egg gets a foamy texture. Add to mix.
- Mix well. The dough mix will be sticky.
- Using your fingers shape dough into small bite size balls, about the size of a marble. Put balls on greased cookie sheets. Flatten balls with hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove treats from oven wait five minutes and turn treats over so other side will cook. Bake 10 more minutes or until golden brown in color.
Place treats on cookie rack to cool. Cool for 15 minutes. NEVER give treats to your pet right after cooking.
*You can add the catnip in the recipe or sprinkle on top of treats. They like it either way.
Store in air tight container and store in fridge or cool dry place.